Annual Fund Manager
Thomas Jefferson’s Poplar Forest, Thomas Jefferson’s personal retreat and plantation located outside Lynchburg, Virginia seeks to hire an Annual Fund Manager to expand the impact of the organization’s development team. The Annual Fund Manager will report to the Director of Development, providing assistance to this role, but will be tasked with increasing contributions to the organization’s annual fund through work with current and prospective donors. This position is also responsible for processing incoming contributions, maintaining gift and donor records and preparing acknowledgment letters on a weekly basis. Full time, salaried position with benefits.
- Develop and lead comprehensive annual fund program, including strategies to increase average gift amounts and grow membership base. Focus will be on donors giving below $1,000.
- Create and execute a series of segmented and targeted mail and email campaigns/appeals to renew annual contributions, encourage support for special projects throughout the year, and attract new donors.
- Serve as an active prospect identifier, targeting prospects for personal visits with an emphasis on moving donors up to higher giving categories.
- Prepare deposit slips with all contributions and post daily contributions to Bloomerang. The Annual Fund Manager is also responsible for taking the daily deposits to the bank (typically at lunchtime or at the end of the day).
- Assist Director of Development with the preparation of acknowledgment letters in Bloomerang for weekly mailing.
- Work with Finance Dept. to prepare all month-end and year-end gift reports, including pledge payment schedules and reminders.
- Develop and maintain efficient systems for data cleansing, data entry, gift processing, prospect research, and relationship management.
- Work with the Director of Development to plan and execute events for members/annual fund supporters.
- Recruit new members and cultivate existing members at public programs and events.
- Record and transcribe minutes at monthly Development Committee meetings and quarterly Board of Directors meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required and three to five years of experience in fundraising or a related field; knowledge of fundraising principles and practices.
- Preferred candidate will also have experience with direct mail, managing a complex database, and donor database system software (PF currently uses Bloomerang).
- Ability to maintain a professional, polished demeanor.
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills.
- Initiative and independence in carrying out responsibilities.
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and a variety of demands.
- Strong self-motivation and the ability to work as a team member.
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality and a high degree of accuracy in donor records.
- Position will require travel to visit donors in various geographic locations as well as occasional evening and weekend commitments (for events and public programs).
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send resume, cover letter with salary requirements and contact information for three references to email@example.com. Deadline for applications is November 15, 2021. While email is preferred, if you would like to send your application package by mail, please mail to:
Renée R. Flowers, Director of Development
Thomas Jefferson’s Poplar Forest
P.O. Box 419
Forest, VA 24551
No phone calls please.
Interested in Volunteering?
We are recruiting volunteers to give tours of the house and grounds, assist in the Museum Shop and help with educational programming for children.