Poplar Forest is open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. through December 30. Docent-guided tours are limited to 9 people per tour, with advance tickets strongly encouraged. All visitors are required to wear masks while inside buildings and on tours.
Purchase tickets for your docent-guided house tour at Thomas Jefferson’s Poplar Forest using the form below. Self-guided tour tickets (audio tour using the Poplar Forest app) are only available for purchase on-site in the Museum Shop—regular admission rates apply.
- Admission is required to be on the grounds.
- As of July 12, 2021, refunds will not be issued for ticket purchases, for any reason.
- For group tours of 10 people or more, please click here.
- For event tickets, please click here.
Ticket Purchasing Instructions:
- On the calendar, click the date you plan to visit. Then click the tour time you want on that date.
- You must click the tour time for each member of your party. For example: if you have four people coming for the 10:30 AM tour, you must click the 10:30 AM button four times. The amount of tickets you’ve selected will appear underneath the calendar.
- Under Ticket Types, select the type of tickets you need.
- The amount of ticket types you select must match the number of tour tickets you selected underneath the calendar.
- Fill in your billing information and hit the “Purchase” button at bottom of screen.