Poplar Forest is open to the public 7 days a week except Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day until December 30th.
We reopen for Winter Weekends January 14th-March 12th and will be open Saturdays and Sundays only.
Face masks are not required but highly recommended.
Purchase tickets to visit Thomas Jefferson’s Poplar Forest using the form below.
Docent guided tours are offered at 10:30 a.m., 12:00 p.m., 1:00 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. based on docent availability. Please note: we can not guarantee a docent will be available for a guided tour. If no docent is available, you can tour the house using the Poplar Forest app (that has a full house tour on it). We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Admission is required to be on the grounds.
- Last admission to property will be 30 minutes before closing (4:30 p.m. March 15-Dec. 30 and 3:30 p.m. during Winter Weekends)
- As of July 12, 2021, refunds will not be issued for ticket purchases, for any reason. You may reschedule your visit by calling the Museum Shop at 434-534-8120.
- For group tours of 10 people or more, please click here.
- For event tickets, please click here.
Ticket Purchasing Instructions:
*Note* Same day tickets are not available for purchase online. If you want to purchase tickets within 24 hours of your visit, you will need to call the Museum Shop at (434) 534-8120 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- On the calendar, click the date you plan to visit.
- Under Ticket Types, select the type of tickets you need.
- Fill in your billing information and hit the “Purchase” button at bottom of screen.