Poplar Forest is open to the public 7 days a week except Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day until December 30th. Face masks are not required but highly recommended.
Purchase tickets to visit Thomas Jefferson’s Poplar Forest using the form below.
Docent guided tours are offered at 10:30 a.m., 12:00 p.m., 1:00 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. based on docent availability. Please note: due to staffing issues, we can not guarantee a docent will be available for a guided tour at your purchased tour time. If no docent is available, you can tour the house using the Poplar Forest app (that has a full house tour on it). We apologize for any inconvenience.
If you prefer the self-guided tour tickets (audio tour using the Poplar Forest app), you may purchase tickets on-site in the Museum Shop—regular admission rates apply.
- Admission is required to be on the grounds.
- As of July 12, 2021, refunds will not be issued for ticket purchases, for any reason. You may reschedule your visit by calling the Museum Shop at 434-534-8120.
- For group tours of 10 people or more, please click here.
- For event tickets, please click here.
Ticket Purchasing Instructions:
*Note* Online tickets sales turn off 24 hours in advance. If you want to purchase tickets within 24 hours of your visit, you will need to call the Museum Shop between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- On the calendar, click the date you plan to visit. Then click the tour time you want on that date.
- You must click the tour time for each member of your party. For example: if you have four people coming for the 10:30 AM tour, you must click the 10:30 AM button four times. The amount of tickets you’ve selected will appear underneath the calendar.
- Under Ticket Types, select the type of tickets you need.
- The amount of ticket types you select must match the number of tour tickets you selected underneath the calendar.
- Fill in your billing information and hit the “Purchase” button at bottom of screen.