Performances at 7:30 p.m. each evening
Revel in the revolutionary spirit of America’s Founding Fathers at Poplar Forest’s annual presentation of 1776—the Tony Award-winning musical comedy by Sherman Edwards and Peter Stone based on the events leading up to the drafting and signing of the Declaration of Independence. Meet Ben (Franklin), Richard Henry (Lee), John (Adams) and Tom (Jefferson), and celebrate their brilliant contributions to our country’s history. Bring a picnic dinner, sit back and enjoy theatre under the stars.
Important Performance Information:
- Tickets to 1776 are $17.76 for adults (ages 18+); $13 for students (ages 6-17 and college); and $4 for children (ages 5 and under).
- In the case of inclement weather, every effort will be made to complete the performance. Should it become necessary to cancel the performance due to inclement weather, all ticket holders will be able to use their ticket at any other performance. No refunds will be issued. Please check the Poplar Forest website and social media for any weather announcements. Rain date is scheduled for June 30 and will only be used if the June 29 performance is canceled due to inclement weather.
- Performances are handicapped accessible. We encourage you to plan your arrival early to ensure adequate seating needs.
- Please bring a chair (lawn, beach, camping, etc.) and/or blankets. Please be considerate of those sitting behind and around you.
- Bug spray is highly encouraged.
- Outside food and non-alcoholic beverages are permitted.
- Wine and/or beer will be available each night. Once the concession schedule has been decided on, it will be posted here and on the event page on Facebook. Schedule is subject to change without notice.