Tour the president’s cherished hideaway decorated for the holidays on these hour-long tours. Experience the villa by candlelight while your guide paints a portrait of the ways the Jefferson family and their enslaved workers spent the holidays, by sharing true stories and anecdotes gathered from Jefferson’s letters and diaries. Admission is $20 per person; reservations are required.
- Thursdays, December 5, 12 and 19 at 5:30 p.m. each evening
- Fridays and Saturdays, December 6, 13, 20 and 21 at 5:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. each evening
- The tour is partly outside at night. Please bring a flashlight so you have better visibility.
- The ground is grass with no paved path. You may want to wear flat shoes.
- Dress warmly. It will be chilly at the start and the end of tours.
- All tours end with a visit to the restored kitchen and a cooking demonstration. You will smell like smoke after the tour so clothing that is easily washable is a good plan!