- This event has passed.
Performances at 7:30 p.m. Each Evening
Shakespeare returns to Poplar Forest with a presentation of William Shakespeare’s tragic King Lear, the only play that Jefferson mentions by name in a letter.
Directed by Melora Kordos, the performance will be held on Mr. Jefferson’s south lawn. Bring your friends and family, a picnic dinner and a blanket or chair; sample a selection of local libations; and experience the magic of Shakespeare’s verse.
- Friday, Saturday & Sunday, August 25, 26, & 27
- Thursday, Friday & Saturday, August 31, September 1, & 2
PLEASE NOTE: SATURDAY SEPT. 2ND’S PERFORMANCE HAS BEEN POSTPONED DUE TO RAIN. ALL FRIDAY NIGHT AND SATURDAY NIGHT TICKETS WILL BE HONORED ON SUNDAY*.
- Rain date: Sunday, September 3
- $15 for adults (ages 18+)
- $12 for youth and students (ages 6–17 or with college ID)
- $5 for children (ages 5 and under)
Participating Wine/Beer Vendors
- August 26: Peaks of Otter Winery
- August 27: Lazy Days Winery
- August 31: Mountain Cove Vineyards
- September 1: Three Notch’d Brewing Company
- September 2: Ankida Ridge Vineyards
*There are no refunds for weather related cancellations. A rain date is scheduled for Sunday September 3rd if Saturday night, Sept. 2nd’s show is canceled. All ticket holders for dates prior to Sept 2nd will have their tickets honored at any other performance.