- This event has passed.
Tickets will be available at the door each night of the show!
Revel in the revolutionary spirit of America’s Founding Fathers at Poplar Forest’s presentation of 1776—the Tony Award-winning comedy by Sherman Edwards and Peter Stone based on the events leading up to the drafting and signing of the Declaration of Independence. View these events through the eyes of Ben (Franklin), Richard Henry (Lee), John (Adams) and Tom (Jefferson). Celebrate their contributions to our country’s history. Bring a picnic dinner, a blanket or chairs, and friends and family for an evening of theatre under the stars.
Performances held on Thursday June 29, Friday June 30, and Saturday July 1 at 7:30 p.m. each evening. Rain date scheduled for July 2 at 7:30 p.m.
Tickets are $17.76 for adults (ages 18+); $13 for students (ages 6-17 and college); and $4 for children (ages 5 and under). Rain date: Sunday, July 2. Online ticket sales turn off at 11:30 p.m. the evening before each show. Tickets will be available through the Museum Shop by calling (434) 534-8120 and at the door.
IMPORTANT PERFORMANCE INFORMATION:
- In the case of inclement weather, every effort will be made to complete the performance. Should it become necessary to cancel the performance due to inclement weather, all ticket holders will be able to use their ticket at any other performance. No refunds will be issued. Please check the Poplar Forest website and social media for any weather announcements. Rain date is scheduled for July 2 and will only be used if the July 1 performance is canceled due to inclement weather.
- Performances are handicapped accessible. We encourage you to plan your arrival early to ensure adequate seating needs.
- Please bring a chair (lawn, beach, camping, etc.) and/or blankets. Please be considerate of those sitting behind and around you.
- Bug spray is highly encouraged.
- Outside food and non-alcoholic beverages are permitted.
- Concessions will be available for purchase each night including wine and/or beer, soda and snacks.
- You MUST show ID to purchase alcohol.
Online ticket sales turn off at 11:30 p.m. the evening before each show. Tickets will be available through the Museum Shop by calling (434) 534-8120 and at the door.