- This event has passed.
Eat, drink, shop and explore a gem of American history when the Thomas Jefferson Wine Festival returns to Mr. Jefferson’s south lawn. Join Poplar Forest in celebrating Jefferson’s legacy as the father of Virginia wine with tastings from multiple regional wineries. Enjoy live performances by local musicians: 3 Days’ Notice and The Coleman Brothers Band, graze on foods by local vendors, and shop the artisan market for one-of-a-kind finds. Tour the president’s private retreat at a reduced rate throughout the day.
Funds raised support the ongoing restoration, preservation and interpretation of the historic property. General admission tickets—which include tastings and a complimentary Poplar Forest wine glass, while supplies last—are $30 in advance, $35 at the door; non-tasting tickets are $15; children age 6 and under, free.
IMPORTANT ATTENDEE INFO
Attendees wishing to taste or purchase any wine must purchase a tasting ticket. IDs WILL be checked for ALL tasting ticket holders. No one with a tasting ticket will be admitted to the festival without having their ID checked. We thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
- All tastings and open bottle purchases will end at 4:30 p.m. Bottles of wine may be purchased to take home between 4:30 and 5:00 p.m.
- Lawn chairs and blankets are allowed; however, canopies and small tents are not.
- No outside food or drink is permitted. There are four food vendors on site selling goods throughout the festival.
- No animals (with the exception of service animals) are allowed on the property during the wine festival.
- House tour tickets are available for a discounted rate, day-of only. House tours are first come, first served and can be purchased near the carriage turnaround.
- There are NO refunds for ticket sales.
Participating Wineries and Cideries
- AmRhein Wine Cellar
- Burnbrae Vineyards
- Castle Glen Winery
- Chateau Morrisette
- Cobbler Mountain Cider
- The Homeplace Vineyard
- Jefferson Vineyards
- Muse Orchards
- Rebec Vineyards
- Virginia Mountain Vineyards
Food and Craft Vendors
- Alpaca by Jaca
- BS Grillin’ Company
- Buff City Soaps
- Claude and Company Fine Leather Goods
- Corny Kettlers, LLC
- Cozy Cabin/ Dennis Boone Photography
- Gregory’s Grill
- Gutierrez Wookworking
- Happy Bees Apiary
- Hungry Hill Farm
- Minda’s Cherith Brooks Designs
- Nader’s Food Services
- Sophie Adams Art
- Wire Wrapping & Beading by Renee